[Interest] [ANNOUNCE] GammaRay 2.10.0
allen.winter at kdab.com
Sun Dec 16 23:08:58 CET 2018
Announcing GammaRay 2.10.0
Highlights of this Release:
* Increase CMake requirement to version 3.1 on all platforms.
* Add object navigation to the paint analyzer.
* Reduce network load by moving more property model features to the client side.
* Port object hierarchy visualizer plugin to Qt 5.
* Add new system information plugin, which supersedes the standard paths plugin.
* Use application palette rather than style palette in the style inspector.
* Improve gdb injector performance.
* Reduce performance impact of the widget paint analyzer in Windows debug builds.
* Improve Qt Quick item picking in case of zero-sized parent elements.
* Provide access to QAbstractItemModel role name mapping.
* Add QtPositioning plugin allowing to monitor and simulate geo localization.
* Add NMEA geo localization playback.
* Add support for generic functor property accessors.
* Add property access for mime data and clipboard types.
* Add infrastructure to override generic property access, such as Qt Quick anchor properties.
* Add custom property access for Qt Quick anchors properties to no longer trigger their on-demand creation.
* Add generic problem reporter infrastructure, and port some existing checks to it.
The source code can be found on GitHub at: https://github.com/KDAB/GammaRay
Tarballs and zipballs for v2.10.0 are available from: https://github.com/KDAB/GammaRay/releases
For Linux users:
* we provide pre-built (against Qt5) packages for some popular distributions at:
* for those of you still using Qt4 we also provide the Qt4 probe from:
**WARNING: After 2.10.x GammaRay will drop support for Qt4**
For OS users:
* we provide homebrew recipes for a Qt5 version and the Qt4 probe at
For Windows users:
* you'll need to build from source as we do not provide installers yet
GammaRay is a tool to poke around in a Qt-application and also to manipulate
the application to some extent. GammaRay uses various DLL injection
techniques to hook into an application at runtime and provide access to a
lot of interesting information.
For more information about GammaRay, please visit http://www.kdab.com/gammaray
Allen Winter | allen.winter at kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
KDAB (USA) LLC, a KDAB Group company
Tel. USA +1-866-777-KDAB(5322) ext3
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 4661 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Interest