[Interest] need a QT 5.12.0 MinGW 32bit release for windows in all the upcoming QT versions

Kai Koehne Kai.Koehne at qt.io
Tue Dec 18 12:56:47 CET 2018

Hi,

If you want to be heard please create a suggestion on bugreports.qt-project.org . interest at qt-project.org isn't necessarily read by all relevant people.

Anyhow, we don't want to maintain two different MinGW builds; there was quite some popular demand for 64 bits (see e.g. https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-35288), so we switched to 64 bit in Qt 5.12. I don't see us switching back until there's clear evidence that the majority would prefer 32 bit.

Building Qt with a recent MinGW 32 bit toolchain yourself should still work though.

Regards

Kai