[Interest] Qt3D How to draw 2D-Text always facing the Camera

Volker Enderlein volker.enderlein at ifm-chemnitz.de
Tue Dec 18 15:09:28 CET 2018

Hi Oleg,

thank you so much for your comment. I saw your entry in the bug tracker
and therefore I tried to go the way with the custom material.
Unfortunately I cannot access the underlying material definition of the
utility classes that are used to render the text in Text2DEntity. As
they are all private and not exported from Qt DLLs I would need to copy
them, but that's something I would really try to avoid. The custom
material part was straight forward, based on your bug report and on a
previous implementation of a specialized material definition.
But now I'm stuck with the missing access.

Cheers Volker