[Interest] QFile subclass that does HFS compression?

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 21:20:32 CET 2018

Thiago Macieira wrote:

>> HFS compression in QFile would really be Mac-specific, most 3rd-party HFS
>> drivers for other OSes do not even support the feature.
>
> Then I don't see us supporting this in QFile.

Of course the feature doesn't have to support only HFS compression. There are
apparently at least two other filesystems on the two other main platforms that
support user-control over compression of individual files. It would probably make
sense to expose that via a QFile option.

The question is more how feasible it is to integrate a compression engine of the
type I outlined above (chunked zip) into QFile.