[Interest] QFile subclass that does HFS compression?

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 23:00:50 CET 2018

Thiago Macieira wrote:

> Transparent compression is fine.

But that's only because there is also transparent decompression, otherwise you'd
be in exactly the same boat.

Ultimately I don't think it matters where the compression takes place, in
filesystem code or in userland code. As long as the fact that compression takes
place is completely hidden from code that needs to work the same way when there
is no compression.

I'm going to try to let this rest (until I learn of a way where you don't need
to keep the entire compressed resource fork in memory as long as the file is open
for writing).