[Interest] QML vs Electron

Jean-Michaël Celerier jeanmichael.celerier at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 07:36:40 CET 2018

> They don't really compare. Electron forces you to write the entire
application in JS. With QML you only have to write the UI in it. The rest
stays C++.

As much as I like C++, the company I work at has been doing pure QML apps
and they certainly have been developed faster that the equivalent in C++
would have, with no particular performance problems (but so much bugs
though... landmines and unimplemented features (looking at you QtMultimedia
and fonts!) under every step).

-------
Jean-Michaël Celerier
http://www.jcelerier.name