[Interest] QML vs Electron

Morten W. J. morten at winkler.dk
Thu Feb 15 17:29:14 CET 2018

On Thursday, February 15, 2018 5:10:38 PM CET René Hansen wrote:
>  [if they have had] Qt on the table when choosing a hybrid application
architecture

This is where I'd say your chain of reasoning breaks.

Few projects I have heard of chose a hybrid application approach. They have a
webclient and can easily wrap it in 0.5 Gb of electron and "Ta-da! Look, boss.
A desktop application too!" (1) Since the boss and the developers has has more
cpu, ram and cores than they know how to spend, the approach is approved.

That is nothing Qt could ever have fixed, expect if they had replaced the HTML
web 20 years ago with a TrollTechNetwork. And it is in particular not anything
we should blame neither Nokia or Digia.

Now I wanna go watch snowboard freestyle from Korea.

Morten

1: I have been a part of a team that did just that a couple of times now.