[Interest] qml or qwidget

Jérôme Godbout godboutj at amotus.ca
Fri Feb 23 14:54:14 CET 2018

What you are looking for is rendering to framebuffer, this make a custom painting for the item (all Qml Item are OpenGL based for now under the hood). All you need to do is a view Qml Item that render your framebuffer as a texture (your Qml viewport of some sort). What you just link is putting the texture to the item. All you need is render your 3D to framebuffer, something more like this: http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtcanvas3d-framebuffer-example.html

or
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/23968598/opengl-scene-under-qt-qml-application

This should help get started. I hope your rendering can do it into a framebuffer which can be sized as your Item and then apply that framebuffer to your Item painting/rendering.

You might also want to give a look to Qt 3D object structure (this might give you some hint how to create your own Viewport/GlViewer objects and interface.