[Interest] QMap::keys() / Qt6

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Tue Jan 2 12:07:00 CET 2018

Hi,

Il 01/01/2018 20:59, Christian Ehrlicher ha scritto:
> currently QMap::keys() returns a QList<T>. Since some newer APIs already
> using QVector, a conversion from QList to QVector is needed which
> creates a double allocation when using the easy way (with a clazy
> warning and hopefully a comment in the review).
> So to avoid this, I have to write some code to put the keys into a
> QVector. The problems I've with this solutions are
>    - everyone needs to write his own function
>    - it is (maybe) not catched during Qt6 porting, esp. when using auto,
> and we do useless conversions
>
> Is it possible to add a helper function for this somewhere (or is it
> already available) or another easier way?

about development OF Qt, rather than development WITH Qt.

About your question, I don't think there is any convenience, public or
private. If you feel this is going to be needed in more than one place,
feel free to add a small function in the QtPrivate namespace (create the
vector, reserve its capacity, copy using a key iterator). We're still
debating what the future of QVector/QList will be...

My 2 cents,
KDAB (UK) Ltd., a KDAB Group company | Tel: UK +44-1625-809908
KDAB - Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts