[Interest] ComboBox and Menu Changes in Qt 5.10 vs Qt 5.9.x

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Fri Jan 5 00:14:02 CET 2018

I have been testing our application against Qt 5.10.0 and I noticed some visual anomalies that I am unsure are bugs or intended design.

The issues are with a QMenu attached to a QButton. In Qt 5.9.x there is a little triangle that denotes the menu. In Qt 5.10 there is a much larger "Down Chevron". Mainly the image is just too large. We may have to adjust our height and width a bit.

The next issue is with the embedded menus. If there is a submenu, the small "triangles" indicating that there is a submenu do not show up. Screenshots are attached. Maybe there is a new property with Qt 5.10 that we missed that addresses this? This was on macOS 10.12 "Sierra" using prebuilt Qt from the official download site.

Thanks for any help or clarifications.

--
Michael Jackson | Owner, President
      BlueQuartz Software