[Interest] Tricky to download Qt online installer for 64-bit Linux

Henry Skoglund fromqt at tungware.se
Fri Jan 5 22:27:40 CET 2018

Hi, today I installed Ubuntu 17.10 and it really looks nice, can't wait
to deploy the more "serious", I mean LTS, 18.04 release.

Of course I want Qt to go with that so I went to qt.io and landed on
https://www.qt.io/download-qt-installer. Looks nice and new, the
download buttons animate when you hover on them. However, while on
Windows and MacOs you only get one Download button, on Linux you'll get
two, one for 64-bit and one for 32-bit.

2 buttons are fine, the problem is that whichever button I click on, I
always get qt-unified-linux-x86-2.0.5-2-online.run downloaded, not the
qt-unified-linux-x64-3.0.2-online.run :-(

Using the classic trick of disabling javascript to speed up the loading
of the pages of qt.io works also here, if you reload
https://www.qt.io/download-qt-installer without javascript then you'll
get to choose yourself which of the 4 online installers you want to
download (just like last year).

I think this is javascript bug on qt.io which does not benefit new users
trying to download Qt on Linux. Is there somewhere to send a bug report?

Rgrds Henry