[Interest] Multiple QNetworkAccessManagers for a single app

Tom Isaacson Tom.Isaacson at navico.com
Thu Jan 11 19:41:51 CET 2018

But is it a performance issue, a potential threading problem, what?

We have a large codebase and this practice hasn't been followed, I'm wondering what the potential impact is and whether it's worth fixing.

Thanks.

Tom Isaacson

On Wednesday, 10 January 2018 20:26:16 PST Tom Isaacson wrote:
> There’s a comment in the QNetworkAccessManager help:
> “One QNetworkAccessManager should be enough for the whole Qt application.”
>
> There are several discussions online about whether this is a
> requirement or just a recommendation. Consensus seems to be that it’s
> a recommendation but what’s the best practice?

It's a suggestion. And there's a good reason for it being a suggested: it's the best practice.