[Interest] Simple Qt3D globe control QML?

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Tue Jan 16 16:41:44 CET 2018

With all the press Qt3D has been getting, I was wondering if there is a ready-made dead-simple globe control where I can specify in lat-lon the central view point, and pass a model of lat-lon points that will appear on the map? User-controlled zoom is probably the most advanced feature.

Requirements:
1. A set of data points that appear super-imposed on the globe (dots)
2. Viewpoint set by selection of model point.
   - Animated move point to point a bonus
3. User controllable zoom (pinch or slider)
   - Not sure of zoom texture levels, but 2 would be good. (City level (~10mi) and globe)
4. Preferably nothing requiring on-line connectivity.