[Interest] Using private QtQuick APIs

Uwe Rathmann Uwe.Rathmann at tigertal.de
Wed Jan 17 12:24:26 CET 2018

On Wed, 17 Jan 2018 23:19:57 +1300, Christian Gagneraud wrote:

> Why do you need private headers in the first place?

For the same reason, why a module like QuickControls 2 is using private
headers of Quick Core.

The qskinny project is about creating a C++ framework ( QML is only
optional ) with an API in the spirit of Qt/Widgets, but using the modern
graphic stack of Qt/Quick.

It needs way less memory and we don't have any startup performance issues
- categories, where we failed with our previous version of the product
using Qt/Quick in the standard way.

The code you can see on github is coming from a project in the automotive
industry, that is currently under development.

Unfortunately I can only release a subset of our code under an Open
Source License and I didn't have the time yet to pimp up the provided
examples and skins to be more impressive.

Maybe once our product has been introduced to the public I can give a
better demonstration of what we achieved with this alternative approach.

Uwe