[Interest] Multiple QNetworkAccessManagers for a single app

Richard Moore rich at kde.org
Wed Jan 17 14:12:09 CET 2018

On 11 January 2018 at 18:41, Tom Isaacson <Tom.Isaacson at navico.com> wrote:

> But is it a performance issue, a potential threading problem, what?
>
> We have a large codebase and this practice hasn't been followed, I'm
> wondering what the potential impact is and whether it's worth fixing.

A few of the reasons:

Using a single QNAM:
- Lets you use a common cache throughout your application which can
dramatically improve performance
- Allows connection reuse which can dramatically improve performance
- Lets you share credentials throughout your application so you don't find
that one part is logged in to a site and other isn't
- Similar to the above for cookies
- Lets you manage the SSL configuration more easily
- Uses less resources

Cheers

Rich.
​