[Interest] QEvent::FileOpen : opening single vs. multiple documents

Jake Petroules Jake.Petroules at qt.io
Sat Jan 27 21:24:04 CET 2018

NSApplicationDelegate has a method which is called when a request to open multiple files is made.

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/appkit/nsapplicationdelegate/1428742-application?language=objc

Qt does indeed enumerate the files in this list and issue a separate file open event for each: https://github.com/qt/qtbase/blob/5.10/src/plugins/platforms/cocoa/qcocoaapplicationdelegate.mm#L297

What we should do instead is allow QFileOpenEvent to store a list of files instead of just a single one. Trying to re-group the events after the fact is probably not a good idea.