[Interest] can the QRegExpEngine cache acces objects belonging to an unloaded library during global destruction?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 16:56:36 CET 2018

On Monday January 29 2018 17:53:44 Konstantin Tokarev wrote:

> > I'm not having much luck pinpointing what in or used by KFileWidget could possibly be the culprit here. Suggestions would be appreciated!
>
> Port applications to QRegularExpression

Hah... I hadn't thought about that one. Good idea, that'll give me a purpose in life! :)

I did find a workaround, thanks to writing up a succinct outline for my previous message. The idea is simple: if KF5KIOWidgets is unloaded because no longer needed because the plugin is unloaded, prevent that unloading from happening.

https://github.com/RJVB/osx-integration/commit/215f32d20194503a8a3ff0ea4c7578ad45a310b8

@Thiago: I thought plugins were not being unloaded anymore on exit, since QT 5.6 or so. Why does that not apply to platform theme plugins, or has the principle been reversed?

R.