[Interest] can the QRegExpEngine cache acces objects belonging to an unloaded library during global destruction?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 20:13:22 CET 2018

> No need drop it, just use QLatin1String wherever plugins and QRegExp is

That would have to be in KIO and/or its dependencies then, I don't use QRegExp in my platform theme plugin.

> involved, or check if not unloading kde plugins could be an option.

That's what my fix/workaround does, which is really rather kludgy because I don't load the plugin myself (and so cannot set the PreventUnloadHint but need to get an additional lock on the plugin to the pluginfactory won't auto-unload it).

Again, this is not a KDE plugin. It's a Qt plugin, based on one written by KDE and using KDE libraries, but it doesn't use any of KDE's plugin mechanisms.

Or should I read this as "the plugins written and provided by Qt are not unloaded, anything you install onto the plugins path  will be unloaded. In that case: did I overlook a plugin Json property to indicate a plugin shouldn't be unloaded?

R.