[Interest] can the QRegExpEngine cache acces objects belonging to an unloaded library during global destruction?

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 14:38:32 CET 2018

One more question: I'm not locking the mutex before emptying the cache ATM, but
I guess that ideally I should.

The mutex can now be moved into the EngineCache class itself, but if I protect
the clear() operation with a lock, what would be the most efficient? Continue to
use a QBasicMutex and keep track of the QThread owning the lock, or just use a
recursive and apparently slower QMutex?

Taking this a step further: is it actually possible to get the aboutToQuit
signal in the middle of an access to this cache, in particular an access by *the
same thread*? No non-deadlocking lock would protect against that so what would
be the most appropriate course of action?

R.