[Interest] QtQuick for mobile - any experience to share?

ekke ekke at ekkes-corner.org
Sat Jun 2 19:14:21 CEST 2018

Am 02.06.18 um 18:46 schrieb Jason H:
> I never noticed the differnce On AES encryption, the iOS devices were
> faster, but in terms of Qt, I did not observe anything notable.
>
> > In Qt, do you know how costly is the bridge?
> It's usually C++/ObjC or C++/JNI, so it's fast.
>
> > how fast is V4 vs javascriptcore?
> It's not terrible. And it's getting better all the time. Note that the
> "proper way" is to do it all in C++ and only use QML for glue code,
> not to write a lot of app logic in it. (I don't think anyone follows
> that though)
I'm always trying ;-)
while developing I'm doing many things in QML because it's easy done
but later the final code I always try to 'move' as much as possible from
QML to C++ to publish performant Apps
(this year I'm doing again the QtWorldSummit Conference App and will try
only to have some glue code in QML)
BTW: started Qt for mobile apps with BB10 Cascades and first I learned
from Cascades developers at BlackBerry to do as much as possible in C++