[Interest] qdoc.exe not build in Windows build from source QT 5.11

Paul Wicking Paul.Wicking at qt.io
Mon Jun 4 14:26:38 CEST 2018

On Tue, 2018-05-29 at 09:33 +0000, Marcel Stegehuis wrote:
> I try to build QT 5.11 x64 shared.
>
> When I call 'nmake qmake_all' and 'nmake docs' after a successful
> build and install I run into an error stating that qdoc.exe does not
> exists. See part of the log below.
>
> In the  .\qttools\src\src.pro I see that qdoc is only build in case
> of config_clang.
>
> I thought clang was added by default so I should not have to install
> that.
>
> Has anyone an idea where I go wrong?
> I added the configure output if needed.

Clang isn't part of the Qt distribution. Therefore, when you build Qt
5.11 from source, for QDoc you need to:
1) install libclang
2) set the LLVM_INSTALL_DIR environment variable to the libclang
install path.

On Windows, use LLVM 6. You'll find the pre-built binaries here:
https://releases.llvm.org/download.html

--
Paul Wicking
Documentation Engineer