[Interest] Persistence of editor for openPersistentEditor

Patrick Stinson patrickkidd at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 23:08:45 CEST 2018

Hello!

I am writing a unit test for an item view and need to get . The code in qabstractitemview_p.h “releases” an editor created by a delegate by calling QObject::deleteLater() on it. However, in the following code the first editor is not deleted and so the second call to findChild still returns it instead of the second editor:

view->openPersistentEditor(indexA)
editorA = view->findChild<QComboBox *cb>()
view->closePersistentEditor(indexA)

view->openPersistentEditor(indexB)
editorB = view->findChild<QComboBox *cb>()
view->closePersistentEditor(indexB)

// editorB == editorA !!

I am using a custom delegate which does not implement destroyEditor(), so deleteLater should be called here. Am I missing something?

Thanks!