[Interest] Bluetooth on Qt on Pi (for real this time)

Maurice Kalinowski Maurice.Kalinowski at qt.io
Fri Jun 29 09:44:14 CEST 2018

> BT on Raspberry Pi is very unstable. I've tried to work with it 6 months ago and actually abandoned the project because it was practically unusable. However, I've noticed they have released a lot of software and firmware updates since then. So my first suggestion: upgrade Raspbian (if you are using it) to newest version.

Have they updated their Qt version yet?  Last time I tried Bluetooth on the Pi, a few months ago, they still had 5.7, which is ridiculous IMO.  I wanted to try BLE, so had to recompile Qt on the Pi.  And yeah, BT wasn’t stable either.

I don't think so, Raspbian usually sticks to the same Qt version for whole release cycle. So, last Raspbian had Qt 5.2, this one has 5.7 and that's it. I haven't checked recently, though, I always compile my own anyway.

[Maurice Kalinowski]
On the SensorTag demo we did for Qt for Automation we also recognized a heavy instability of BT on the Pi. Basically on every third boot “rfkill unblock” and “hciconfig” are your weapons. It’s hard to automate this, but that might be somewhat of an option for prototyping. Basically you need to restart the whole BT stack after a boot a second time.

Maurice

P.S.:Please forgive my Outlook reply-for format.