[Interest] QBluetoothSocket not derived from QAbstractSocket?

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Sun May 6 14:24:07 CEST 2018

I was surprised to learn that QBluetoothSocket is not derived from QAbstractSocket? This caused meet to write nore code than I feel I should have. QBluetoothSocket does derive from QIODevice at least so reading and writing is not affected. It seemed that because Bluetooth is a "service" that the connect to host and disconnect from host functions disqualify it from being an abstract socket? That's not very abstract... It seems that QAbstractSocket should handle multiple destination types, maybe with a connectTo(QAbstractNetworkDestination) so that the only code needed to be different for Bluetooth is the code to populate the QBluetoothInfo information.

(With QAbstractNetworkDestination being a new class.)