[Interest] Licensing questions when using shared Qt-library on iOS

alexander golks alex at golks.de
Wed May 16 13:03:52 CEST 2018

Am Wed, 16 May 2018 10:49:06 +0000
schrieb "Trillmann, Jens" <Jens.Trillmann at governikus.de>:

> every other file in the platformplugin is LGPL licensed. From my
> understanding I would violate the LGPL license if I would try to
> distribute the app in this form, because a user could not easily swap
> the provided Qt-library with his own. The app itself is under the
> non-compatible EUPL.

i don't know the EUPL, but https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#LGPLStaticVsDynamic states:
"(1) If you statically link against an LGPL'd library, you must also provide your application in an object (not necessarily source) format, so that a user has the opportunity to modify the library and relink the application."

what i interpret as:
as long as you provide at least the object code, if the user requests so, so that he can relink himself, you're fine.

i don't know if this meets your problem, and ianal ;)

alex

--
/*
 *  printk("; crashing the system because you wanted it\n");