[Interest] Building QtWebEngine with Visual 2017

Kai Koehne Kai.Koehne at qt.io
Thu May 17 14:26:06 CEST 2018

The test for this can be found in qtwebengine\config.tests\winversion . You might try to compile these manually in your environment to see whether and how the compilation fails.

Note that , make caches the results of config.tests. You might need to pass '-recheck' to configure to make sure that it's evaluated again.

> (BTW all the documentation one can find on the Web for building with
> proprietary codecs is useless since the WEBENGINE_CONFIG stuff seems to
> have been removed in 5.10. Finally found the trick though.)

Hope the official documentation is right though?

https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtwebengine-features.html#audio-and-video-codecs

 Kai

PS: Release of 5.11.0 is around the corner, so maybe you directly want to start with this version?