[Interest] Displaying Video in Qt3D

Ben Hoff hoff.benjamin.k at gmail.com
Thu May 17 22:57:45 CEST 2018

I must be off my rocker, but I'd like to display video within Qt3D. I
already have the raw pixel data, but I'm not sure how to pass it in.
>From my research online, the suggestion is to write the raw data directly
to the FrameBuffer Object, but Qt3D doesn't appear to expose this to you.

The next closest thing I've found is subclassing a QPaintedTextureImage and
setting it in the background, but it seems silly to me create a
QPaintedTextureImage when I've already got the raw pixel data.

See this for subclass example:
https://github.com/Sonnentierchen/Qt3D-BackgroundImage/blob/master/flippedtextureimage.h

Any help or pointers would be welcome.