[Interest] QDatastream, QMap, QImage serialization

Konstantin Shegunov kshegunov at gmail.com
Sun May 20 12:26:47 CEST 2018

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 5:58 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>
wrote:

> On Thursday, 17 May 2018 05:01:18 PDT Jean-Michaƫl Celerier wrote:
> > Is there a reason why calling qRegisterStreamOperators<QImage>() would't
> > work ?
>
> Because the vector containng the list of function pointers doesn't exist
> for
> metatypes < QMetaType::User.

Is this by design, or just an unfortunate legacy? I would've expected
(obviously wrongly) that the core classes provide and support all the
functionalities of properly registered custom types.
And a follow up question: I'm not intimate with the internals, so is it
feasible to actually bring this to consistency and have the stream
operators registered in the meta-type system for the core classes?