[Interest] QDatastream, QMap, QImage serialization

william.crocker at analog.com william.crocker at analog.com
Tue May 22 14:25:48 CEST 2018

> To summarise:
> - Qt is a graphical toolkit

...and I used it to create a graphical application.
But then my users wanted to create hard copy from
batch jobs running on our compute farm. Those machines
do not provide access to an X server and, as we have discovered,
Qt needs an X server for a lot of things.

So, now, if my app does not detect an X server, I start up
an Xvfb instance and continue on with use of a regular QApplication.

Works great.

Bill