[Interest] QDatastream, QMap, QImage serialization

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue May 22 21:20:29 CEST 2018

On Tuesday, 22 May 2018 14:35:28 -03 Jason H wrote:
> Like screens, input methods, windows, sessions, clipboards, font, palettes,
> etc. Maybe these things are lighter weight than I think they are
> (particularly for the "offscreen" plugin )

You may be right that this is unneeded weight for the command-line
applications that show no GUI and yet still need some painting primitives.

But we're not going to spend a lot of effort splitting the library. Those
applications are a minority in the Qt world and they are served by QtGui as-
is. The effort of splitting plus the drawbacks in having a library boundary
are most likely bigger than the gain in having smaller libraries.