[Interest] Deploying the output of a static lib

Christoph Keller theoriginalgri at gmail.com
Wed May 23 22:48:08 CEST 2018

Hi Nuno,

http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qmake-variable-reference.html (a little bit of
scrolling is needed)
http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qmake-advanced-usage.html#libdepend

Using create_prl and link_prl, you can handle your dependencies as if
you were linking a shared library. QMake will resolve the dependencies
of sub-static-libraries and also choose the correct name even if you
just do "LIBS += -lmystaticlibrary" (like with any dynamic one).

If you have an dependency tree like "app -> gui -> core" (all static),
the app.pro can just do "LIBS += -lgui" and QMake will also link the
static core library since it's needed by gui.

Regards,
Christoph