[Interest] [Qt3d] Scene camera manipulation

Mike Krus mike.krus at kdab.com
Fri May 25 00:52:42 CEST 2018

> On 13 Mar 2018, at 13:03, Saif Suleiman <saifqaher94 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi every one,
>
> Currently I am working on project that needs some camera manipulations, like :
> 	• Fit scene in camera frustum.
>
> 	• Fit Entity or more than one in camera frustum.
>
> 	• Camera transition must done with animation, like when user fit entity, the camera goes to its new position with animation.
> What I found were two functions, viewAll, viewEntity.
>
> My questions are :
> 	• How I fit two separated entities without making a dummy parent entity for them then calling camera function,  viewEntity().
there is currently no way of doing this, you need to find the common parent  (and it’s fit to the bounding volume of that common parent).

> 	• How I could get the new position from viewAll, or viewEntity so I can animate the transition between old camera position and the new one.
bearing in mind that the request to do a viewAll is asynchronous, you can’t just get the values back at this time. But you should get change signals on the properties…

> I am asking these questions because I do not want to go out of Qt3d implementation, and could not figure out how to do it with Qt3d.
>
> thanks in advance.
>
> best regards for Qt/Qt3d teams.

Mike Krus | mike.krus at kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
KDAB (UK) Ltd., a KDAB Group company
Tel: UK Office +44 1625 809908   Mobile +44 7833 491941
KDAB - The Qt Experts, C++, OpenGL Experts