[Interest] QtQuick for mobile - any experience to share?

Sylvain Pointeau sylvain.pointeau at gmail.com
Sun May 27 10:13:58 CEST 2018

Hello Ekke, Jason, Jérôme, and all

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and tips.

Did you use the v-play components? how did you succeed to match the native
look and feel?

My choice is between Qt and React Native.

I would have gone with Qt but the price is the real barrier for me. As I
don't know the success of the app, it is hard to start (and convince my
partners) knowing the price to pay per year.

Ekke you mention in your blog about the startup plan but as far as I know,
this is discontinued, the startup plan now let you use the "trial" version
until you go to the store.

React Native is fully in javascript, but seems typescript can be used
(which is much better) (BTW would be great to use typescript in QML).

The benefit of RN is IMO to do json natively, but the negative aspect is
that it is not as cross plateform as Qt, so the desktop version is likely
to be (much) more challenging.

I am really puzzled, I think that Qt is better than RN, but the price ...

Am I missing something? is there someone else in the same situation?

ps: I continue to investigate (and to read the blog of Ekke), my choice is
not done yet.

Best regards,
Sylvain