[Interest] Simple device discovery using UDP

Murphy, Sean smurphy at walbro.com
Tue Oct 2 16:01:46 CEST 2018

> I have an app (Desktop) that I want it to know about other running instances
> on the local network. I figured UDP broadcast was a natural choice. I tried it,
> but I never saw anything but my own (local) packets. There's quite a few
> stackoverflow questions, but none used Qt. I'm wondering if it's a wifi/router
> thing?

A couple of first questions:
- do you have any sort of firewalls running anywhere?
- have you tried the Qt Networks examples, and do those work?
  http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtexamples.html#qt-network, maybe the Broadcast
  Sender & Receiver examples

Sean

This message has been scanned for malware by Forcepoint. www.forcepoint.com