[Interest] Compiling Qt for Webassembly

Lorn Potter lorn.potter at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 10:02:41 CEST 2018

Hello Vadim,

On 06/10/18 15:08, Vadim Peretokin wrote:
> I'm trying to compile Qt 5.12.0 for webassembly, but it has compile
> errors: https://hastebin.com/vovisayapi.bash
>
> This is on Ubuntu 18.04, emcc 1.38.12 (commit
> 0d8576c0e8f5ee09a36120b9d44184b5da2f2e7a), gcc 7.3.0. Any ideas what's
> going wrong?

For the 5.12-beta1 package, you need this patch:
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/241987/ to get through the wasm
build for qtnetworkauth

(also attached)

> (I wouldn't mind trying the latest Qt sources, except that "Getting the
> code <https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_for_WebAssembly#Getting_the_code>"
> instructions are ambigious: what am I supposed to with 3 different
> directories?)

For just Qt, you only need qtbase, really. If you want to develop with
QtQuick/Qml, you will need qtdeclarative as well.

git clone -b 5.12 https://code.qt.io/qt/qtbase.git

There are only a few modules we have tested for wasm - qmqtt, qtwebsockets.

There is a pending patch for qtsensors support (basically just accel,
but others for firefox)
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/217457/

-
Lorn