[Interest] Qt Install Framework - Becoming a Microsoft Known Publisher

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.pt
Tue Oct 9 17:29:28 CEST 2018

Christopher,

In order to have Microsoft’s SmartScreen saying your company name, you need to buy a EV certificate:

https://www.globalsign.com/en/code-signing-certificate/ev-code-signing-certificates/ <https://www.globalsign.com/en/code-signing-certificate/ev-code-signing-certificates/>

It costs around 300 euros a year.

There are several providers for this. Globalsign is just one. Then you will receive a usb dongle with your certificate (GlobalSign sends a USB dongle).

When you have it, you need to configure it. The provider tells you what to do.

After that you need to invoke a command like this:

signtool.exe sign /a /tr http://rfc3161timestamp.globalsign.com/advanced /td SHA256 EXE_TO_SIGN

Best,

Nuno