[Interest] Does XCode 10 work for Qt iOS?

Rogerio r.nicolau at learningclip.co.uk
Wed Oct 10 13:58:44 CEST 2018

I'm having a few issues.

With Qt5.9 it doesn't build because qt checks the xcode version for a
minimum allowed version which is v4 or v7 depending. Unfortunately the
comparison thinks that 10 is smaller than 4 or 7 (string comparison).
This is fixed in later versions of Qt.

You can however get around this by editing some .prf files in Qt's ios
directory. Search that directory for the error message you get.

The other issue I have with ios is not specific to the 5.9 version. I am
finding that any clean builds fail because the moc_*.cpp files are not
available during the compilation even though the mocs are being created
successfully. It fails with something like:

error: Build input file cannot be found: '/<path to
build>/moc_iosmessagedialog.cpp'

If you build again then it builds successfully because the moc files are
there from the first attempt.

Anyone have any idea why this might be happening or how I might be able
to get round it? I need it to run from a clean build so that the
continuous integration works.