[Interest] [Android] Qt machine unique id

Jérôme Godbout godboutj at amotus.ca
Wed Oct 10 15:38:53 CEST 2018

Hi,
what is the best way to identify a device even if os is updated or factory
reset, etc?
My use case is the following:

   1. The user is used to identify itself and log in (security is managed
   with a secure connection to server from the application).
   2. I have some settings and device history on the server and I would
   like to tell the server the user is using which of his device
   automatically. I wish I would have this identification persistent over
   application update and reinstall.
   3. id persistent from factory reset might not be necessary.
   4. I would like it to work on Android, if possible on iOS too (iOS is
   not mandatory).

I was looking at QSysInfo::machineUniqueId(), but I'm not sure it will fit
the bill, anyone have a good way to do this?

--

RAPPROCHEZ LA DISTANCE

*Jérôme Godbout*Senior Software Developer

*p:* +1 (418) 800-1073 ext.:109

*m:* +1 (581) 777-0050

amotus.ca <http://www.amotus-solutions.com/>
statum-iot.com