[Interest] [Android] Qt machine unique id

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Oct 10 21:53:14 CEST 2018

On Wednesday, 10 October 2018 07:00:13 PDT Igor Mironchik wrote:
> Maybe MAC address of the network interface is good enough for you?

There are some RFCs and internet drafts that recommend creating random or
pseudo-random MAC addresses, for privacy. In other words, the MAC address
would change depending on which network you're connected to and often which
day it is.

I do that for my Linux system for WiFi. Windows 10 has this feature too, but I
don't remember if it's enabled by default.

https://www.ietf.org/blog/mac-privacy/