[Interest] [Android] Qt machine unique id

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Oct 11 20:26:54 CEST 2018

On Thursday, 11 October 2018 01:26:47 PDT Marek.FloriaƄczyk wrote:
> I'm using QSysInfo::uniqueMachineId in Windows environment but on macOS Qt
> 5.11.1 does not have this implemented

Yes, it does:
https://code.woboq.org/qt5/qtbase/src/corelib/global/
qglobal.cpp.html#_ZN8QSysInfo15machineUniqueIdEv

See the part about "Darwin" on line 2920.

> so I started using MAC address of
> network interface. Is this code you mention (for macOS) available somewhere
> or will be released in Qt 5.12 ?

It was released in Qt 5.11.

But it's somehow broken:

$ tests/manual/qsysinfo/qsysinfo | grep Unique
QSysInfo::machineUniqueId() =
QSysInfo::bootUniqueId() =