[Interest] proper (silent) exit in response to SIGHUP?

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 10:58:47 CEST 2018

René J. V. Bertin wrote:

> Finally: why use a QSocketNotifier that sends a signal to a slot, how is that
> different from sending the signal directly from the signal handler function?

Did some backtracing in a debugger; I get an almost identical backtrace from the
event loop (and not the signal handler) when I call my slot
- through a QSocketNotifier (after writing to a pipe)
- through a QueuedConnection connection invoked from an emit in the signal
handler

The latter solution also makes it more straightforward to pass the signal number
to the actual handler.

Is this safe? If it is, wouldn't it be a nice little addition to
QCoreApplication?

R.