[Interest] Qt 5.12 Official packages for MinGW 64 bit?

Sze Howe Koh szehowe.koh at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 15:33:22 CEST 2018

On Tue, 16 Oct 2018 at 12:55, Andy <asmaloney at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes - that's exactly why I was asking.
>
> I switched to MSVC specifically because I need WebEngine but would much rather use MinGW or Clang.
>
> I have users who don't have admin privileges, so packaging MSVC-built applications is a big headache.

Your users only need admin priviledges if you ask them to run the MSVC
Redistributable installer.

If I'm not mistaken, the EULA allows you to copy the required MSVC
DLLs into your application folder instead. See
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8089a33c-ddeb-48e1-92c3-609e43ca96a2/msvcrt-redistributable-wherehowdocumentationlicensing-
for example.

Regards,
Sze-Howe