[Interest] Bug Reports

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Tue Oct 23 00:19:39 CEST 2018

On Montag, 22. Oktober 2018 21:37:01 CEST Dan Allen wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm frustrated by what has happened on the last bug report
> <https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-71296> I posted yesterday.
>
> Why would this get closed in this way so quickly? Could there not have
> been a comment just saying "Did you make an error with the test case?"
> before closing it? And then give me 24 hours to respond perhaps?
>
> I'm trying to help improve Qt. I don't see how closing the bug for this
> reason in that time is doing the same.

Yes, sounds like it should have been set in needsmoreinfo instead of being
closed. I was to guess as to why it was closed it would be because it looked
like a "support case", someone making a programming mistake and then blaming
everybody but themselves and opening a bug to get help fixing it. That
unfortunately happens... Though personally I prefer waiting a few days before
closing issues like that, but mistakes happens.

Best regards
'Allan