[Interest] Installer Framework: dynamically adding to list widget

Kevin Wang kevin at spikegadgets.com
Wed Oct 24 03:40:03 CEST 2018

Hello all,

I am resuming work on my installer, and there is a page I would like to
add: a listing of all a user's network interfaces, that a user can
choose from to complete our custom installation script.

I have written a script to detect and parse what network interfaces a
computer has. I have a .ui file that contains a QListWidget. The form is
included in the project and displays in the installer properly.

I would like to:

1. Execute a script (installer.execute(...) ) to find and retrieve the
list of network interfaces

2. At runtime, use that list and append to the QListWidget

I have tried to use

    component.userInterface("NetworkInterfacePage").listWidget.insertItem(
    " network interface 1");

But that results in a runtime error:

      TypeError: Property 'insertItem' of object QListWidget(0x3634c30,
    "listWidget") is not a function

Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Any other ideas/methods to accomplish
what I want to accomplish?

I find that the IFW documentation is lacking, especially as someone that
only uses the Qt C++ widgets framework.

Many thanks,

Kevin Wang