[Interest] Qt API annoyances: where to log/discuss?

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Tue Oct 30 16:39:22 CET 2018

I was wondering if there is a place to log annoyances/discuss with the Qt5 API for fix in Qt6?

Two I am thinking of right now is:
- QUrl::port() returns an int, but QTcpServer accepts a quint16, so no matter what I do, unless I add a cast, I get a warning.
- Similarly with QImage::pixel there are signed/unsigned issues between pixel and qRgb().

Also, as I go between several languages, I find myself wanting to use lambdas more in a functional programming style. (
I would like a lambda for QImage::pixel ([] (x,y,pixelValue) { } ) (This one is neat because you can use scanline() transparently)
Also for the various containers.