[Interest] Qt installer from console

Ola Røer Thorsen ola at silentwings.no
Sat Sep 15 18:44:08 CEST 2018

Last time I tried the command line options to avoid using the installer gui
did not do anything. Then spent some time trying to script the installer
for console-only-use, but it's not well documented and hard to get right.
Expect to get into situations during upgrades where your script will get
stuck, especially if there are changes in the online installer gui after an
upgrade.

If you're able to forward X with "ssh -X" and just run the installer on
your server with the GUI on your computer then that's probably your easiest
option. I'd wish for a complete set of command line options in the
installer so that the gui could be bypassed completely.

Cheers,
Ola