[Interest] qtwebview with qtwebchannel

Artem Sidyakin artem.sidyakin at qt.io
Sat Sep 15 23:21:35 CEST 2018

> I hadn’t heard about this change and old habits die hard

I can certainly double that! Good news.

> Are you sure the WebView can load from the resources (url: “qrc:/index.html)?

I knew it cannot (does qrc:/ work on iOS at all?), but I was silently waiting for someone to provide the way it should be done on iOS :)
Unfortunately no-one did, so apparently it’s a bigger problem than I thought.
And what I did - just served index.html and qwebchannel.js via regular webserver (lighttpd) from my machine.

> @qt developers, please could you confirm if the webchannel is working or not on ipad (with the webview)?

Having learned that I actually can deploy to physical devices without paying 99 USD to Apple (thank you for the link), I tried it with my iPhone, and it works there: https://goo.gl/uQp8fR (alerts do not work, I guess it’s iOS restriction, but QML label changes its text as it should).
So I can confirm that WebChannel over WebSocket communication does work with WebView on iOS.

---
Artem Sidyakin