[Interest] Linux openssl 1.1.0 versus 1.0.X

Christophe Thomas oxygen77.ct at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 10:40:42 CEST 2018

Hello,

>From the comment of Giuseppe I understand that we could go with just a
package installation. I've an ubuntu 18.04 (not installed from scratch but
from an upgrade of 16.04). When I look in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/, I
have several libssl
=> libssl.so (symlink to libssl.so.1.1)
=> libssl.so.1.1
=> libssl.so.1.0
I can also see a folder: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/openssl-1.0.0

This is consistent with the fact that I have following packages:
libssl-dev/bionic-security,bionic-updates,now 1.1.0g-2ubuntu4.1 amd64
libssl1.0.0/bionic-security,bionic-updates,now 1.0.2n-1ubuntu5.1 amd64
libssl1.1/bionic-security,bionic-updates,now 1.1.0g-2ubuntu4.1 amd64

Event then I still get the SSL error in Qt:
Several : qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve and finaly
then : qt.network.ssl: Incompatible version of OpenSSL
and several : qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function

I've tryed to modify the symlink to have libssl.so => libssl.so.1.0 but it
didn't do the trick.

How do you think I can make my Qt app find the right SSL lib ?

Chris