[Interest] qtwebview with qtwebchannel

Sylvain Pointeau sylvain.pointeau at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 01:13:54 CEST 2018

On Sun, Sep 16, 2018 at 5:24 PM Artem Sidyakin <artem.sidyakin at qt.io> wrote:

> I would understand if local file loading was allowed and remote forbidden,
> but not the other way around. So if remote works, so should local.

No, a local file can be a threat if you receive it by email etc.
Especially on an iOS where the downloaded code can only be HTML+ javascript
executed within a UIWebView or WKWebView.

I found that calling a webservice from google works well but localhost is
forbidden.
so for me, it proves that webchannel is impossible on iOS.

And it works, so it doesn’t matter where the HTML document came from, would
> it be remote server or local file.

OK it works on macos, but what about iOS?