[Interest] {macOS} Qt Installer insists on installing 5.11.2 snapshot

Julius Bullinger julius.bullinger at mvtec.com
Wed Sep 19 11:23:13 CEST 2018

Hi Andy,

On 12.09.2018 19:50, Andy wrote:
> (Posted in the forum - no response - but thought I'd mention it here as
> well to see if others have the same problem.)
>
> macOS 10.12.6
>
> - run maintenance tool (v 3.0.1)
> - choose Add or remove components
> - deselect all new things (Qt 5.11.2 snapshot)
> - deselect an old version of Qt to remove it
> - click Continue (it says it's going to use 3.98 GiB of space)
> - click Update
>
> It starts installing 5.11.2...
>
> Result: I cannot remove an old version of Qt. (Maybe it would after
> installing 5.11.2, but I don't want to install it.)

I had the same issue with a previous Qt installation on Windows. I
"fixed" it by completely removing Qt 5.11 with the maintenance tool, and
then manually editing the components.xml to remove every mention of it.
It seems like sometimes, old entries are left behind there and need to
be cleaned up manually.

I hope that helps for now!

Best regards,
Julius